The Process in Creating Your New Band!
Don't get too excited... You're only going to be the best band ever! So never mind, get excited! Follow the process below and you will find yourself rocking and rolling in no time.
- Download your BAND FORM. If you didn't already download it from the previous page, here it is again for you. Aren't you glad that I'm such a nice band manager? No thank you, I don't need any roses. But that's sweet of you. BAND FORM!!! /uploads/4/3/7/7/43771881/band_form_downoad.docx Your BAND FORM will be filled out by the end of this web page. The next steps are to help you fill it out properly!
- Open your BAND FORM and make sure that you can type into the document. I suggest using a laptop or desktop computer.
- BAND MEMBERS - Who are going to be in a band with? It can be your friends. It can be with people who you would like to meet. Maybe you think some other people are cool and you would like to be friends and rock out together. It doesn't matter. As long as you feel good about being with your band mates! One of the best parts about music is that it can bring people together in playing some good tunes. You should have at least 2 members and no more than 5. Include everyone's names in the BAND FORM.
- BAND NAME - Your band name is very important. It's what people are going to know you by. When you are rocking out on stage and people are shouting your name because they think you're awesome, what name do you want them to shout? You're a rock band, so you are automatically cool! So you should come up with a cool name for yourself! Be creative! Enter your band name into your BAND FORM.
- INSTRUMENTS - So you've come together as a band and you found out that none of you can play instruments! That seems like a big problem, doesn't it? Well, for this rock n' roll journey, ALL OF YOU KNOW HOW TO PLAY AN INSTRUMENT!!! All of you are musical maestros! You are amazing! You can sing that high note, shred that guitar, groove that bass, and bang on those drums like a maniac. Just talk among your band and decide who is going to do what. Be kind, considerate, and find out how you can help your band mates. When playing instruments and singing together, you're supposed to work together like a team. Decide on what every body will do. You don't have to fill in every instrument on your BAND FORM. You can delete the instruments you aren't wanting to use. You can also add instruments you think would be neat! Again, be creative! Enter everyone's names with their according instruments in your BAND FORM.
- BAND PHOTO - Your band rocks! People want to know about you and what you look like. All your fans want to buy things with your photo on it. That's right! They want posters, T-shirts, coffee mugs, welcome mats, and stickers with your photo on it! So let's take a picture of your band. Where will you take your picture? Will you smile? Will you pose like a super star? Will you have your instruments with you? That's all up to you! When you are done, insert your photo into your BAND FORM.
- PITCH - No, I'm not talking about baseball pitching. A pitch is a short sentence to describe what your band is like. Let's say a really good music producer came up to you and asked "what's your band like?" You would then give him your "pitch." For example, if I was asked by a music producer, I want him to become interested in what my music is like by saying one sentence. I would look him right in the eyes and say something like "My band, The Provinces, is a groovy rock n' roll group that likes to play upbeat rhythms and catchy melodies." So you need to write a sentence that will make your band sound like they are really cool. Don't over think it. Just tell me what you guys want to be like. Enter your pitch into your BAND FORM.
- HIT SONG - Every good rock n' roll group needs a hit song that everyone can sing along to! You need to come up with what you want to sing about first. You can sing about anything you want because you are a rock n' roll band! You do what you want! After that, it's time to write some lyrics. Write some lyrics you thing are neat. You should have 4 lines and the endings of each line should rhyme in some way. After you are done with your lyrics, provide a song title for your hit song. It can be simple, or you can use different words than what your lyrics use. The most important thing to keep in mind is to be creative! Once you have your hit song, enter all the details into your BAND FORM.
- Finish! Make sure your BAND FORM looks good and has all the information filled out!
You have successfully started a rock n' roll band!